The Fixture Upload feature allows organisations to create, update, or extend a fixture by uploading a file in the system. Fixture Upload offers a flexible solution to generate a fixture, regrade teams, and allocate games. An additional benefit is that rounds can also be added or removed for fixtured grades. Use of the Fixture Upload feature is intended for the more advanced administrator who has an unusual/highly specific need to configure fixtures for a given competition season. If in any doubt, please discuss your need with your sports support team before using it.
Note: The Fixture upload feature is disabled for Tournament style competitions due to the added complexity of this style of play. Additionally, if you use the fixture upload feature, the PlayHQ Regrade wizard will be disabled for the corresponding competition season. Regrading is then accomplished via the fixture upload.
More information on using the fixture upload can be found here:
Before you begin the fixture upload process, ensure that:
- A competition, season, and grade(s) have been created on the system.
- A minimum of two Teams have been added or registered to the season (they can be allocated to a grade or left unallocated) otherwise, the feature will be disabled.
- All Team names must be unique otherwise, the feature will be disabled.
- If grades have already been fixtured, ensure they do not have finals configured. If finals have already been created, you can delete Finals fixtures and then add finals after the fixture upload has been completed.
Only fixture upload files using the correct format and details will be uploaded successfully. To assist this process and reduce the number of potential errors:
- Ensure the file format and fixture details match the downloadable template and legend. (TIP: Excel Date cells and CSV Time cells may need to be amended to plain text format to meet the upload criteria).
- Game allocation details must be fully completed or left entirely blank, they cannot be partially completed. Game allocation details left blank will display on the system as TBC for the venue, playing surface (court/field), and start time.
- If regrading teams, ensure that all grades involved in the regrade scenario have at least one round defined in the file.
More Frequently asked questions and information can be found here.
Generating a fixture using the fixture upload
Select the Competition Management main menu item, and then the appropriate Competition and Season tile, and then the Settings tab, and finally the Fixturing sub-tab.
Once two or more teams are allocated to a season and at least one grade exists, the 'Add Custom Fixture' button will be enabled:
Download the CSV Fixture template and populate it with your fixture details. The template includes the correct column names that are expected when completing a fixture upload:
Download the legend to view formatting examples that the template requires for a successful upload. The legend includes four tabs:
- formatting examples containing: round, date, time and game_alias
- org comp season containing: organisation, competition, season
- grade teams containing: grade, team
- venues courts containing: venues, courts
In the example below on the grades_teams tab, there are four grades and six teams. Two teams, the Boomers and Spirits, have been allocated to the Monday U15 Boys Grade, whilst the remaining four teams are currently unallocated (not allocated to a grade):
Fill in the template with your fixture details:
Note: Multiple grades can also be fixtured in the same file.
Select the 'Add Custom Fixture' button and then the 'Upload CSV' button to select your completed fixture template file and then upload it.
When a fixture file is uploaded, the information is validated to ensure it has the correct formatting. The information in the file is also validated against the data that exists in the system.
In the above file example, a grade with two rounds was being attempted to be uploaded. The example had blank cells in A2, A3, and G2 and information was incorrect in C4. Therefore, as part of the validation, the system will display errors identifying those to be corrected prior to attempting to upload the file again.
When the missing or incorrect information has been corrected, repeat the upload process:
Upon successful upload with no errors detected, a green banner will appear displaying the file is now ready to be uploaded.
Select the 'Generate Fixture' button to complete the process:
Once the fixture is generated, you will be taken back to the grade list:
From the grade list, select the 'View Fixture' button for a grade impacted by the fixture upload. The system will match the fixture upload file. ie. Boomers are playing the Flyers in Round 1 on Tuesday the 9th of June at 8.30 PM on Court 1 at the Alexandra Leisure Centre.