Applicable to: Association and Club Administrators
Application(s): Admin Portal > Game Day
Participant Portal > My Teams
This article will cover the following:
- Association admins configuring player positions
- Team selectors selecting player positions in line-ups in the admin portal
- Coaches, captains and team managers with management access, selecting player positions in my teams
- Publishing player positions on public game centres
Players are generally selected in player positions prior to a game in order to:
- Help team selectors when selecting teams
- Let players know what position they are playing for the game.
- Give greater context to a fan/follower of the match.
- Display which players are playing in a game
- Comparing players for opposing teams
- Evaluating a players performance based on the position they were selected in
Configuring player positions
As an association admin, to configure player positions:
- Select the Competition Management main menu item, and then the appropriate Competition, select the Grade, Settings, then the Game tab.
- Underneath Emergency players are Player positions, this toggle if enabled will display player positions when selecting players for starting line-ups. Positions will also be published on the public game centres depending on the grades publishing settings.
Enforcing positions when selecting starting line-ups means all players must have a position assigned in order to save the line-up.
Assigning Player positions in the Admin Portal
If player positions are enabled, as a club admin (association admins can also enter positions), select the Game Day menu and find the relevant game via the date field then select the Details button.
Selecting player positions via My Teams
Management access must be provided by your association or club admin in order to select lineups from My Teams. For more information on My Teams click here.
Log in to your Playhq account, then select My Account from the menu in the top right corner. Select the appropriate user and sport (if applicable). Then select the team, relevant game and Manage tab. Then click the ‘'Select Team'' button.
Once all player positions have been assigned, select the Next button to select coaches.
The player positions can be edited by using clicking the edit Line-Up button.
The player positions are visible on the game details page and depending on the publishing setting and game status may be published on the public game centre.
Note: For AFL, both teams line-ups must be entered and all 18 on-field positions assigned in order to display player positions on the public game centre. For Hockey and Netball, positions will display whenever they are entered.
In this example, Footscray FC has entered player positions but Aspley hasn’t entered any players, therefore Footscray's players will display in a line-up list view.