Families and friends can follow games in real-time with live scoring. Clubs can also reduce administration by having results finalised at the end of each game.
Scores synchronise in real-time when scoring with PlayHQ Electronic Scoring if the device is online. Live indicators and real-time scores appear in the PlayHQ Administration Portal, Participant Portal (via My Teams) and the Discover Site (via Game Centre).
Games with synchronised scores display a 'Live' indicator on the top right of Electronic Scoring. A similar indicator appears in other PlayHQ portals displaying the game status and score.
The Live indicator can only appear on games with a status of In Progress.
The Live indicator will also be displayed when selecting a game. This means your device or another device is currently live scoring a game.
Live Scoring Game Status
The typical game status flow in games with live scoring:
|Electronic scoring commences (Device Online)||
|Game is submitted using Electronic Scoring|
Note for games that are In Progress and Live:
- My Teams Management Access is locked
- Unable to edit score from Admin. Portal Game Day
- Editing result from Game Details has a warning
- Blocks scoring on secondary devices
If a game does not display a Live indicator, it could be because:
- Game scores were not entered using Electronic Scoring.
- Game scores were entered using Electronic Scoring, but the device was offline throughout the game.
- An Administrator has overridden the game statistics or results in the Administration Portal.
Offline Scoring Game Status
The typical game status flow in games without live scoring:
|Game start time reached||
|Game end time reached||
Game result updated in Admin. Portal or submitted via Electronic Scoring that was previously offline.
Notes for games that are In Progress (not live):
- My Teams Management Access is open
- Able to edit scores from Admin. Portal Game Day and Game Details