Participant Duplicate Management lets administrators merge user profiles that are related to the same person.
Reasons for duplicate profiles include:
- Participants having a different last name or gender in previous profiles.
- Participants losing access to email addresses used in previous profiles.
- Participants having profiles imported from a legacy platform.
Access Duplicate Management
This feature is only available to Super Admins within an Administration Body.
Any Club or Association administrators should contact their sporting organisation.
In the AFL, this feature is also available to Admin Body Admins and Affiliate Admins.
Once an administrator is notified of a duplicate profile (typically from a participant or report):
- From the menu, click Participants.
- Use the search fields to find the participant profile.
Search for the profile to keep. Duplicate profiles selected later will be merged into this profile.
- Click View to open the participant profile.
- Click Actions > Duplicate Management.
This Duplicate Management option is only visible if the selected profile has an active registration and is not orphaned or migrated.
Duplicate Profile Search
The Duplicate Management page allows administrators to search for profiles similar to the selected participant.
To perform a search:
- Complete at least 3 fields to initiate a search.
This profile search is more flexible than the participant portal profile matching. It does not require a matching combination of first name, last name and email address.
- Click Search. A list of matching profiles will appear in the results.
If the Administrator does not have access to view certain details, the matching result will appear with masked characters (e.g. email address will display as firstname.lastname@example.org).
From the Duplicate Management Search:
- Click the matching profile from the list of search results.
- Click Next.
- On the Merge Profile page, review the profile information.
PlayHQ will delete the source profile. If there is a discrepancy between fields, PlayHQ will use the destination profile field.
- Click Merge.
- Click Merge on the prompt.
This cannot be undone.
- A banner will display the result of the merge.
Profile merges may be unsuccessful if:
- The source profile is a primary profile, and the destination is a dependant profile.
- The source profile has had admin access at any time.
- At least three fields do not match between First name, Last name, DOB, Gender, Mobile, Postcode.