Applicable to: Association and Club Administrators
Application(s): Admin Portal > Competition Management > Competition > Season > Grade > Settings
Participant Portal > My Teams
This article will cover the following:
- How to enable the Best Players feature
- How to nominate the best performing players in a game
The Best Players feature allows clubs and teams to nominate the best performing players in a game and publish their names on the public game centre.
- Associations can enable the best players feature in grade settings within a competition
- Once enabled, Association admins can set how many best players can be selected
- Admins can then select the best players for a game from the game details page
- Team Managers, Captains and Coaches with management access can also select the best players for a game via My Teams
- Best Players will display in the game centre for finalised games
Enabling Best players
Association admins can enable best players via the grade settings and when enabled they will display in the admin portal, my teams and public game centres. To enable best players:
- Select the Competition Management main menu item, and then the appropriate Competition and Season tile, and then view the Grades tab.
- Select the grade, then the Settings tab, and Grades sub-tab.
- In the Best Players section, toggle on the setting and set the maximum number of best player selections.
- Update & Save to apply any change.
Selecting Best Players
If the Best Players grade setting has been enabled, a Best Players section will appear in the game details pages (not visible for upcoming games) in the admin portal and participant portal.
Club Team staff with management access can select the best players in pending games and pending and finalised games if they been given additional Club access (allow clubs to enter scores) in Grade Settings.
Association Team staff with management access can select best players for pending games and before a game status is set to final.
Admin Portal Game Details
Best players can only be selected from players selected in a line-up.
- For Associations, within your chosen Competition and Season, select the Grade, Fixture tab then Update Scores & Stats option next to the game you want to enter the Best Players for.
- For Clubs, search for the game via Game Day and select the Details button.
- On the game details page, add players into the lineup.
- Once players are added into the lineup, then best players can be selected from the dropdown.
- To save select Update Changes.
- When the game is finalised the best players will appear on the public game centre.
Best players can also be selected from the participant portal for team managers, coaches and captains with management access.
- Log into playhq.com, select My Account from the top right menu item.
- Select My Teams tab and your team.
- Select the game from the Fixture tab and the Manage tab.
- Enter players via the line-up.
- Once players are in the line-up they can then be selected as best players. The screenshot shows a team manager with management access to both teams.
6. When the Edit button is selected, then players can be selected as best players.
7. Select Update Changes and Done to save your changes.
Best players on the PlayHQ Discover Site
If the best players grade setting is enabled, best players will display on the public game centres for finalised games. The example below displays where one team has entered best players whilst the other team has not.