This article will cover the following:
- What is a Season Permit
- Eligibility criteria for a season permit request
- Who submits and approves a season permit
- What happens when a season permit is created
What is a Season Permit?
The Season Permits feature allows a player to participate for additional clubs in a competition season over a date range. If initiated by a club admin, it can also allow players to play for an additional competition season without needing to register. Currently only AFL, Cricket Australia, New Zealand Cricket and Hockey New Zealand organisations has this feature enabled
What is the eligibility criteria for a season permit request?
A number of eligibility checks are made before a season permit request can be submitted, these include:
- Season permits is enabled for the tenant
- The player has registered to the season or an additional season has been configured by the tenant admin
- Player does not have a life ban
- Player has not already registered to the same club or competition/season
- Player has not already permitted to the club or competition/season
Who submits and approves a season permit?
For AFL, New Zealand Cricket and Hockey New Zealand, Season permits are requested by the destination club in the admin portal and require approval from the source club, source association and destination association before the player is able to participate.
For Cricket Australia, participants can also create a season permit request and also requires approval from the destination club, source club, source association and destination association before the player is able to participate.
What happens when a season permit is created?
Once approved, a season permit creates a participation record in the destination club’s season participant list, giving them and their association access to the participant’s profile.
This allows them to add the player to a game within the Admin Portal and Electronic Scoring applications and view and update custom fields for the season participation record
Permitted players will also show up in the destination organisation participation report.