Season Permit requests must be approved by the following organisations in order for the player to play at their new club:
The player’s current club (ie source club)
The association (or admin body) running the competition that the player is currently playing within (ie source association)
The association (or admin body) running the competition that the player wants to play in (ie destination association)
Notification of Season Permit Requests
To receive player season permit notifications that require your club or association's approval, your organisation must enable season permit notifications.
Navigate to the Settings tab within the Transfers & Permits section. Populate the email address to which you want notifications to be sent to and select add
Toggle the permits on
The organisation who is next in line to approve will receive the following email:
Approve or decline a transfer request
To approve or decline a season permit request, navigate to your organisation’s Transfers & Permits request list and Select View next to the season permit requiring your organisation’s approval:
Review the request and select ‘Approve’ to approve the request, or ‘Decline’ to decline the request.
When finished, select ‘Done’ to close the request and return to your organisation’s transfer list:
If you decline the request, you will need to enter a reason.
What happens if I approve a request?
When a request is approved, the request is forwarded to the next approving organisation, when all approvals are completed, the participant will receive an email notifying them of the success and a link to review their season permit in their participant profile:
The club and association receiving the player will now have access to the participant’s profile. The club who initiate the request will also receive the following notification
What happens if I decline a season permits request?
When a request is declined, the organisation who initiated the request will receive an automated email and the player will be unable to play for their new club:
The status of the season permit request will change to Declined, and the reason and additional details that were added by the organisation who declined the request, will be made visible to all organisations within the approval flow
Auto Approve Permits
Organisations have the ability to automatically approve transfer requests.
To set up automatic approvals:
- From the menu, click Transfers & Permits and select the Settings tab.
- Select the toggle(s) for each transfer you wish to auto-approve
- Select Update & Save
Time limits for permits
Administrators of competitions are able to set time limits for organisations to respond to a season permit. If they don't action the request in time, the request is auto-approved to prevent participants from being held up.
Within a global setting (AFL), these time limits are hard-coded, and only changed by a request to PlayHQ.
The following rules apply:
- The AFL have a combined source club & source association auto-approval duration for their season permits.
- All organisations will be given a combined total of 6 days after the request is created for both the source club and association to approve the request.
- After the 6 days, the request will be auto-approved.
- The source association may never have an opportunity to approve or decline the request if the source club doesn't action the request within 6 days.
- The behaviours above only apply if the source association and destination association are different. If they are the same, the association is treated like a destination association, and therefore they are not instantly bypassed if the source club doesn’t action the request in time.