Applicable to: Association Administrators
Application(s): Admin Portal > Competition Setup > Grades
This article will cover the following:
- An overview of when the grade rollover is available.
- An overview of the grade rollover process and what is/is not included.
Completing a grade rollover will save you time by ensuring that all of your grades, as well as their settings, can be copied over from one season to another to serve as a starting point for a new season.
This article describes how to initiate and complete a grade rollover.
Using the grade rollover
To begin a grade rollover, navigate to the Grades list within a Season of a Competition of any type i.e. the grade rollover will be available in seasons of Domestic, Home & Away, and Tournament Competitions.
Grade rollover availability
Because grades live within a season, the grade rollover process - and its availability for use - is a bit different than the season rollover process.
First of all, navigate to the Grades list of the Competition Season you would like to roll grades into. The grade rollover option will not be immediately apparent. When you click the Add a Grade button, the grade rollover option will be available in certain circumstances. This is what the option looks like:
The next sections below describe when the option is available and when it is not.
The Rollover Grades option will not be provided after clicking the Add a Grade button i.e. the Add a Grade button will only let you add individual grades, as per normal, if the following are true:
- No other seasons exist in the competition.
- 1 or more grades already exist in the season you are trying to roll grades over into.
The Rollover Grades option will appear after clicking the Add a Grade button if the following are true:
- At least 1 other season exists in the competition.
- No grades already exist in the season you are trying to roll grades over into.
"How would you like to add grades?" window
Let's look at the 2 options you can choose from when the Rollover Grades option is presented.
Rollover all grades from a previous season will take you into the Rollover grades wizard. The next section will provide more information on this.
Add grades manually one-by-one will allow you to add individual grades, as per normal.
The grade rollover wizard
Once the "Rollover all grades" option is selected / you continue, you will be taken to the first page of a 2-step wizard.
In the initial step, you will need to select the season of the same Competition that you would like to rollover grades from. This is called the source season.
After selecting a source season, you may continue to the 2nd step by using the Next button. The 2nd step is essentially a review page.
Let's look more closely at this page, as well as what details are rolled over:
- Source season / competition - These details are provided just to ensure are reminded of the competition and season you are rolling over from.
- Grades to be created - This is the number of grades that exist in the source season and will be rolled over into the destination season.
- Age restrictions calculate age of player as at date - If the age restriction grade setting was used for 1 or more grades in the source season, a section will appear on this page asking you to choose a single date that will be applied for any grades that have this enabled. If this setting is not used in any grades being rolled over, this will not appear.
- Grade visibility - All grades being rolled over can be collectively set as Visible or Hidden based on what you select in this field. You may edit individual grade visibility preferences in the destination season as per normal once the grade rollover has completed.
- All grade attributes, grade and game settings - All grade attributes, grade and game settings will be rolled over.
Once all mandatory fields have been entered (if Age Restrictions existed in the source season, this will be the only mandatory field), you can choose the Rollover Grades button to being the rollover.
Completing the grade rollover
Once you've initiated the grade rollover, you will be taken back to the Grade list in the season you started the process from and a message will appear stating that the grades are being rolled over:
Note that this message will appear to any admin in your organisation viewing the Grade list. To refresh the page, you can either navigate away (if you need to take care of other things in the admin portal) and come back to the page or you may choose the Refresh button.
Once the grade rollover completes and a refresh is done, the "Rollover in progress" message will go away and all successfully rolled over grades will appear. The Add a Grade button can once again be used to add more grades manually.
If grades have errored for any reason, a message will appear in the Grade list. You can drop down the error to view the names of all grades that have errored. Note that all grades that have rolled over successfully will display in the grade list.
PlayHQ would encourage you to hit the Retry button to attempt another rollover of those grades that have failed. If grades continue to fail for some reason, please save the list of grades that failed to pdf. From there you can hit the Accept link and enter those errored grades manually.
If you have been presented with errors, you will need to either complete the Grade rollover successfully or Accept the errors to once again be able to add grades manually.