Sections: General / Favourites / Home Page and Team Schedule / Pin to Home / Sharing Content / Teams / Grades / Leagues / Private Players / Searching Players and Teams / Game Centres and Statistics / Live and In-Progress Games / Out of Bounds / Device Compatibility
For more information on this functionality, visit Manage my team
- If the team is part of a club, find the team by searching for the club and then select the competition and season in which the team is competing in
- Find the team by searching for the league that hosts the competition the team is competing in. The correct season of the competition, and the grade must be selected
- Find the team within the grade’s fixture or ladder, or from within a game centre
- Find the team via a player’s profile page. All profile pages have a list of teams that the player is allocated to
To find a team via Search, the league or club must first be found. Then click through the competition and season the team is competing in.
Players can be found via player search or throughout the application in game line ups, game statistics, grade statistics and best player sections.
To find a player via ‘Search’ you must enter both First and Last name.
Grades can also be reached via a team. Inside a team page, there is a quick link to the grade the team competes in.
Select the grade you want to favourite, once you land on the grade’s fixture, a star icon at the top of the page can be selected to add the grade as a favourite.
Favourite a grade via the league and competition.
Alternatively, inside the Favourites list, swipe from right of screen to left of screen on the favourite you wish to remove, a bin icon will appear, use the bin icon to remove the favourite.
There is also the option to bulk delete and bulk unpin favourites using the 'Edit' option in the favourites section.
Note: If you only want to remove a favourite from the Home Screen, use the pinning feature instead! That way, the favourite is still available in the favourite’s list, but doesn’t take up screen real estate on the home page.
If you only want to remove a favourite from the Home Screen, use the pinning feature instead! That way, the favourite is still available in the favourite’s list, but doesn’t take up screen real estate on the home page. Swiping on the tile from left to right will reveal a ‘Pin’ icon. Tap this icon to ‘Pin’ or ‘Unpin’ the favourite to the home screen.
Home Page & Team Schedule
The Team Schedule is not a full fixture for your team, to access a full fixture, navigate to the team’s home page. If your favourite team is not yet allocated to a grade, or does not yet have a fixture, this will be displayed as one tile in the "Next Round" section.
If the team has this icon the team is in a “Completed” season and you will need to find the new version of that team for the new season.
Pin to Home
It is also important to note that if you have represented a team via a Game Permit, these teams will not appear in your team’s list.
Please contact the competition administrator or your club administrator if you have any questions or to ask if they can allocate you to a team.
- A team may not yet be allocated to a grade
- A team may be in a grade that does not yet have a fixture
- A competition administrator may not be ready to show the fixture publicly
- A competition administrator may have chosen to hide the fixture for some reason
If your team tile is showing this information, and you believe a fixture should be available, please contact the competition administrator.
Private profiles will not appear in any player search results and will not have an accessible profile page. The profile’s name will be hidden from public display in all areas including game line-ups, game statistics and grade statistics.
Searching Players & Teams
- The player has set their profile to private. Their profile will be hidden from public view and will not be listed in the player search results
- The search input does not meet the required criteria (e.g. incorrect spelling was used, the first name or last name was not included)
- The player has never registered to a competition. Player search is only for competition registrations and does not include players who registered to programs (like NAB AFL Auskick)
- The player has registered, but the registration requires approval by an administrator, and the approval has not yet happened
- The person being searched has only registered for other roles such as coaches, team managers, or volunteer-based roles, so they will not appear in the player search results
To find a player via ‘Search’ you must enter both First and Last name.
Teams can also be found through a player's profile page, which lists all the teams that the player is currently allocated to.
It's important to note that teams can also be found through a player's profile page, which lists all the teams that the player is currently allocated to.
If you are unable to find your team through search, please ensure that you have selected the correct League or Club, and that you have selected the correct Competition, Season, and Grade.
It's important to note that grades can also be reached via a team. Inside a team page, there is a quick link to the grade the team competes in.
Game Centres & Statistics
Other ways to find games is by accessing a Team’s home page, where the team’s full fixture is displayed, or by accessing the competition’s grade fixture.
Finally, a team’s games can be found by clicking on the profile of someone in the team, navigating to their Teams list and clicking into the team’s full fixture from here.
Live & In-Progress Games
A “Live” game means the game is underway and is being live-scored at the venue using the PlayHQ electronic scoring system. Real-time updates of scores, play-by-play events, the live clock, and statistics will sync within the app and users will receive the most up-to-date information.
An “In-Progress” game means the game is underway but is not currently being scored at the venue via the PlayHQ electronic scoring system. Games that never turn to ‘Live’ are generally scored on paper and results will be entered via an administrator at a later time. These games will not show any data in the play-by-play tab as it was not captured in the system
PlayHQ encourages venues to live score to enrich the participant experience on the app.
Live Scores are available from Version 1.1.0 and above. Please update your app in the appstore or playstore.
Watching a Live game’s tile on the home screen, a team fixture or inside a grade fixture, requires you to refresh your screen (pull-to-refresh) or navigate away and come back to get the updated scores.
How do I refresh?
To refresh a page, pull down on the screen with your finger or thumb, and then release it. This action triggers the app to check for new information or updates and refreshes the content you are viewing.
Out of Bounds
While the app is compatible with the above, performance may vary depending on the device's specifications, operating system version, and other factors.